Advocating and Partnering with Patients
Education, guidance, and support through the complex worlds
of health and healthcare.
Maureen G. Nadeau, MSN, APRN, iRNPA
Serving Tucson, Oro Valley, Sahuarita, Marana, Tubac, and Green Valley.
As an advanced practice nurse with specialization in Mental Health, Maureen Nadeau offers two specific advocacy services: RN Patient Advocate and Specialized Mental Health Services:
Specialized Mental Health Treatment Review
Maureen G. Nadeau specializes in comprehensive mental health treatment review and is able to do a complete psychiatric review of your history, your records, and your medications. Services include:
- Complete psychiatric review of your history, your records, and your medications.
A comprehensive, retrospective review can be invaluable in gaining a clearer understanding of your mental health diagnosis and what treatment modalities have (or have not) been employed to treat you. A complete review of your medication history can yield important information or generate unasked questions about the pharmacological interventions during your treatment.
Patient Advocacy Services
As an Independent RN Patient Advocate, the following services are offered:
- Health care navigation
- Health education
- Medical record review
- Research and review of treatment options
- Medication research, review and education
- Attendance at medical appointments
- Advocacy services during hospitalization
- Family meetings
- Specialized mental health treatment review
What an RN Patient Advocate does not do:
- Prescribe medications, diagnosis conditions, or practice medicine.
- Work with insurance companies regarding claims issues.
- Provide transportation or schedule appointments.
- Take the place of a Home Health Nurse for "hands on" care, IV medications and other direct care nursing functions
Call for an appointment today and learn more about how Maureen can assist you:
Many aspects of our health are "stress sensitive" - pain, fatigue, sleep, mood, blood sugar levels, blood pressure. Maureen teaches skills that can help you improve your ability to self regulate these common issues.
Copyright © 2014 Tucson RN Patient Advocate